Welcome to a very different organisation
Scott Bader was established in 1921 and today we are a Euro 227 million global chemical company, employing over 600 people worldwide. With manufacturing sites located around the world including our new ventures in Canada, South America and India, we manufacture, sell and distribute a wide range of synthetic resins and polymers to many different markets and have built a reputation for innovation, quality and excellent customer service.
This happened when the Founder, Ernest Bader and his family, gifted the company to the workers in 1951. The shares of the company were transferred to Scott Bader Commonwealth Limited, a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity, thereby creating a common trusteeship company.
His intention was to create a company whose well-being is entrusted to those who work in it, with democratic involvement. The people that work at Scott Bader can become Members of The Commonwealth and as such become trustees-in-common of the company assets. Each generation must ensure the ongoing success of the organisation so that future generations can benefit from its continued existence.
We have a self-governing structure which provides significant additional dimensions to business and employment relationships and our interaction with the wider community:
- As Scott Bader cannot be taken over, we can bring long-term stability and partnership to all business relationships.
- As trustees-in-common, employees have the responsibility of ownership which creates greater commitment and engagement to ensure ongoing success, and drives active involvement.
- Our charitable status brings an obligation to the wider community.
Having no external shareholders, we cannot be acquired so we are more stable and can think more long term. With a strong commitment to support our workforce, society and the environment , we are proud of the fact that we have been a socially responsible corporation long before the term was popularised, having been made a key part of our culture by our founder.
- Scott Bader has a clear set of values and guiding principles
- A significant proportion of annual profit is re-invested in company assets to ensure continued compliance and ability to manufacture to high quality standards.
- Annually a minimum amount has to be donated to the charity.
We strive to maintain the balance between our social purpose, namely employee involvement and charitable giving, and our business needs for economic growth and continued efficiency.
This makes us a great company to do business with as either a customer or a supplier.
We hope you will choose to do so.
Please click on the attachment below for a brief summary About Scott Bader
Scott Bader is a member of The Employee Ownership Association
History of Scott Bader
|About Scott Bader||80.56 Kb|